Monday, October 3, 2011

Updated post about last week and start of next week's menu planning

Here's what I ended up planning for the rest of the week:

Meal #4:  Leftovers and/or my frozen fish stash from Costco.  I have salmon, shrimp, tilapia, beer batter hailbut in the freezer for a quick meal.

Meal #5: Quick Chicken tacos... this is a really easy meal.  I just take strips of cut chicken breast (raw) and sprinkle with the desired amount of taco season and pan fry in a non stick pan sprayed with oil.  Once cooked I add about half cup of water to meat and cook until the water is reduced.   We eat this as tacos or sometimes I make nachos with it. 

Meal #6: Pizza night is usually on Friday night.  We had caesar salad and homemade pizza.

Meal #7:  I made Roasted Red Bell Pepper soup with (red bell peppers from our garden) and I also made Cheeseburger Sliders from The Pioneer Woman on Hawaiian Sweet bread and also served carrots with hummus.

I also made Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal from Weight Watchers  but I used sweet potato instead of pumpkin.  I also made Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins from Frugal Girl where I used mini chocolate chips instead of regular sized chips and I used only 1/4 oil and then, used 3/4 cup yogurt.

It was nice as we didn't eat out once this week.  All of our meals were made at home.


NOW FOR THIS WEEK:

Meal #1:  Swedish Meatballs from Cooking Light Magazine with egg noodles and roasted zucchini

Still working on the rest of the week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment