Saturday, March 24, 2012

New Menu this week!!!

This week I'm going to share my lowfat dinner menus.

Meal #1:  Flank Steak, Steamed broccoli, Tomato salad
Meal #2:  Quinoa Tabbouleh with roasted turkey and Tomatoes, soup, Canteloupe
Meal #3:  Spicy Seafood Chowder, steamed carrots, 2 plums, sorbet
Meal #4:  Sizzling Ginger Pork, brown rice, steamed broccoli
Meal #5:  Grilled Cod, Asparagus, Barley, and Sorbet
Meal #6:  Pork Tenderloin,  steamed carrots, Apple
Meal #7:  Roasted Turkey breast, zucchini, brown rice, Cucumber & Tomato Salad, & Canteloupe

I have several big challenges ahead for me.  One day I will not be home all day so, I will need to prep everything before hand and have it ready.  I also, have all my breakfasts, snacks and lunch planned so, all well balanced.   My 2nd challenge is that I still need to feed my family.   They won't eat everything on the list plus, some of the stuff is just too lowfat for my athlete to eat (she is exercising 19 hours a week).  So, I really need to use crockpot meals for them and big casseroles like lagasna, enchildas, etc... that roll over into leftovers for them the next night.  This is a challenge because I tend to nibble.  Usually, my issue isn't knowing what to eat it is controlling quantities and being ready to eat.  Sometimes the evenings get really hectic and it easier to make my old standbys which aren't the lowest in fat or when all else fails go to Chipotle. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment