Sunday, January 1, 2012

Meal Planning for the Week of 01/01/12

Every year I start the year off trying to diet and eat healthier and this year is no exception.   One of my biggest struggles is finding foods that EVERYONE in my family will enjoy.   I usually do a lot of recipes from my weight watcher cookbooks but sometimes these recipes have a very adult taste.  But recently I discovered this blog site and she has tons of low fat weight watcher friendly recipes.  She even provides the point count.   If you want to check her out, look here:  www.skinnytaste.com

Anyways, this year is the year of no excuses.  I bought some of my girls favorite back up meals like frozen chicken alfredo so, if I make something they don't like they have a backup meal.   And,  I won't feel guilty.  For the most part, they like every thing I make but occasionally they don't especially when I serve fish.  My oldest doesn't like it at all.

So, here's my menu for this week.  I already went shopping too.

BREAKFASTS -   Egg white sandwiches with ham and low fat cheese or my famous crock pot Steel Cut oats.  I love eggs even egg whites...

LUNCHES -- I will make one recipe for the week:  Turkey and Black Bean Chili to eat (recipe from Weight Watchers).  I'll send some with John to work as well.   Otherwise, I'll eat leftovers or turkey sandwiches.

DINNERS are as follows:
  • Chicken Rollatini with Spinach Alla Parmigiona, pasta and Broccoli from Skinnytaste.com
  • Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops with roasted zucchini and plain rice from Skinnytaste.com
  • Carne Guisada (Latin Beef Stew) served over rice with steam carrots from Skinnytaste.com
  • Balsamic & Fig Glazed Pork Roast with Roasted Sweet potoates and Green Beans from Skinnytaste.com
  • Poblano Chicken Tortilla Bake (not sure of the sides yet) from Weight Watchers
  • Homemade Pizza with side salad
  • Chicken Sausage & Spinach Alfredo (see previous post for shared recipe from Weight Watchers)
SNACKS:  Now, I need to have something sweet once a week plus, my girls like snack type foods in their lunches.  I try to make some homemade things they can eat without the extra calories.

  • Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes (from skinnytaste.com)  I'll make the cupcakes but I will only frost a few and then, I'll put the rest in the freezer for another day
  • Yogurt and fruit
  • Homemade granola bars (from weight watchers)
And, I'm also making crockpot applesauce to have on hand for next week's pork chops with applesauce and apple bread
    I'm trying out 5 new recipes but we need to change up our eating style.   Our new MOTTO will be NO MORE TAKE-OUT.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment