Sunday, January 8, 2012

Menu Planning for the week of January 8th

Last week I did pretty well.  I made everything on the list except the Crockpot Applesauce & Turkey and Black Bean Chili (I had too many leftovers to make separate food for lunch).  My husband took many of the leftovers to work for lunch so, we had very little food waste.

So, this week:

Meal #1:  Lime Marinated Chicken BBQ with Rice and Stir-fried Asparagus (Weight Watcher recipe)
Meal #2:  Turkey Sausage Meatloaf with Mash Potatoes & Green Beans (Weight Watcher Recipe)
Meal #3:  Korean Beef Tacos with Rice and beans on the side (A Year of Slow Cooking Blog)
Meal #4:  Pork Chops with Applesauce, Pasta and zucchini (Skinny Taste Blog)
Meal #5: Chicken Taco Chili (Skinny Taste Blog)
Meal #6: Homemade Mac and Cheese  (Fine Cooking Magazine Feb/Mar 2012)
Meal #7: Vietnamese Shaking beef with Rice

Snack #1:  Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (The Frugal Girl Blog)
Snack #2: Whole-Grain Toffee Scones (Weight Watcher Recipe)
Snack #3: Crock Pot Applesauce (Skinny Taste Recipe)

Breakfasts will be yogurt, steel cut oats and egg and ham cheese sandwiches plus I have Fiber One Honey Squares.  (I bought them at Costco and then, remembered when I got home I really don't like it as it has a weird after taste).

I have the ingredients for most of the items above so, my shopping shouldn't take too long.

We already had Meal #1 on Sunday night and I made the muffins which 3 have already been devoured by the family.  The meal planning  helped me drop some serious pounds this week.  So, I hope to continue the trend.   I will not be eating Meal #6 but I want to make one high calorie kid friendly meal at least once a week. 

Happy Meal Planning!!!!

1 comment: